Data Privacy Statement & Disclaimer
esco is delighted to welcome you to our website. Thank you for your interest in our company and our products. This website is operated by esco; all rights reserved.
The protection of your privacy in the processing of personal data is an important concern for us which we respect in all of our business relationships. Our data processing is based on the principles of lawfulness, purpose linkage, accuracy, data minimization and storage limitation, transparency and the protection of confidentiality and integrity.
This data privacy statement explains which of your personal data we record and store on this website as well as the purposes for which we do this and the legal basis.
This website may include links not covered by this data privacy statement.
2. Logging of Access to the Website
What happens when you use our website?
If you use this website for informational purposes only, i.e. you do not use our contact form or otherwise transfer information, we only collect the personal data your browser transfers to our server. When you choose to visit our website, we collect the following data:
- The IP address
- Date and time you access it
- The region (not the address) from which the IP address accesses the website
- Browser language, browser type (e. g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari) and version
- Operating system
- Device type (e.g. mobile device, desktop computer, tablet)
- Browsing behavior on the website (e.g. when was the website visited, which parts of the website were clicked, how much time was spent on the website)
- The website from which the request came.
We process and store this data to ensure the site works properly, to improve its content and to create statistical analyses, based on the aggregated data on surfing. We also process and store this data in order to analyze the technical operation of the site and ensure that our information technology systems are secure.
Our legitimate interest in data processing pursuant to Article 6(1) letter f GDPR is thus the necessity to display this website to you and ensure that it is stable and secure.
In addition to the aforementioned data, our website also stores data cookies. Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer when using the device to visit a website. Cookies enable a website to identify a user's device and are used by website operators to operate their websites more efficiently. Furthermore, they can provide analytical information. Cookies cannot run programs or deliver viruses to your device. Their purpose is to make the Internet offering overall more user-friendly and effective.
If you have not already granted your consent pursuant to Article 6(1) letter a GDPR and personal data is also processed by individual cookies that we have implemented, the legal basis for this is, pursuant to Article 6(1) letter f GDPR, the pursuit of our legitimate interests in the best possible functioning of the website and user-friendly design of your visit to the site.
Cookies are only stored for as long as is needed for their respective purpose.
Types of Cookies we Use
Our website uses "technical cookies". Their purpose is to transfer a communication via our electronic communications network or to provide the service that you have explicitly requested.
They are not used for any other purpose. They include:
- Navigation or session cookies which ensure normal navigation and use of the site;
- Analysis cookies which are used directly by us to collect information in aggregated form about the number of users and their visits to the site
Cookies from YouTube
You can watch / download videos on our website that are stored at YouTube. They are embedded in our website in the "enhanced data protection mode". This means that YouTube will not insert cookies until you start one of these videos. YouTube uses these cookies to, for example, record video statistics, avoid fraud and improve user-friendliness. You can prevent such cookies from being installed by adjusting your browser software. If you start such a video, a connection with the Google DoubleClick network will also be established. This could trigger more data processing operations on which we have no influence. Further information on YouTube data protection is available at: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl
Cookies from Google Maps
How to Control the Setting of Cookies
We may use external cookies (third-party cookies) to provide targeted services or advertising content. Cookies of this type are not managed directly by us but by third-parties.
Variant "Opt out": You can switch your browser settings so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and individually decide on their acceptance or can exclude the acceptance of cookies for specific cases or in general.
Variant "Opt in": The use of such cookies requires your consent. You grant your consent using a check box with which you can activate or deactivate cookies for each individual third party. You can revoke this consent at any time by deactivating cookies in the aforementioned way. You can also deactivate cookies using the methods described in the "Help" function of your browser and delete cookies set in the past.
If you do not know the type and version of the browser you are using, click on "Help" at the top of the browser window to find the information you need.
Please note that if you deactivate cookies you may not be able to use the full functionality of our website.
The browser types differ in how cookie settings are managed. Please click on the following links to get more information and decide whether you wish to authorize the installation and use of third-party cookies.
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
4. Contact Form
Our website includes email addresses and contact forms enabling you to contact our company quickly by electronic means and to communicate with us directly. If you contact us by email or using a contact form, the personal data you transfer to us is automatically stored. Such personal data transferred by you to us on a voluntary basis is used for the purposes of processing your enquiry or contacting you.
You can see from the respective contact form which data is collected. By ticking the box "I hereby agree to the electronic processing of the data I have provided" you consent to our data protection declaration and to our saving and using the personal data provided by you.
The legal basis for the processing of data is your consent pursuant to Article 6(1) letter a GDPR. If you contact us with the aim of concluding a contract, Article 6(1) letter b GDPR is an additional legal basis for the processing. Once your enquiry has been processed, your data is deleted. This is the case when it can be seen from the circumstances that the matter in hand has been fully dealt with, unless deletion of the data conflicts with statutory obligations to retain data.
5. Other Third-Party Plugins (Google Maps, Web Fonts, …)
Use of Google Maps
This website uses Google Maps API, a map service of Google Inc. ("Google"), to display an interactive map and to create route maps. Google Maps is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
When you access Google Maps, information about your use of this website (including your IP address) may be sent to a Google server in the United States and stored there. We have no influence and therefore cannot assume any responsibility for the further processing and use of the data by Google.
Google Web Fonts
This website uses "Web Fonts" provided by Google LLC., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"), for the sake of a unified fonts display. When accessing our website, your browser will load the required web fonts into its cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly.
In order to do so, your browser will have to connect to Google servers. Upon doing so, information will be passed on to Google that your IP address is accessing our website.
We are using Google web fonts in order to ensure a unified, pleasant display of our website on different devices, which is our legitimate interest pursuant to Article 6(1) letter f GDPR. If you are using a browser not supporting web fonts, our website will be displayed in a standard font available on your computer system.
Analysis of Use of Our Website / Google Analytics
The information about how you are using our website (including your IP address), as generated by this cookie, is sent to and stored on a Google server in the United States. Google uses this information to analyze your usage of the website, to compile reports on website activity for us and to provide other services connected to the use of the website and the Internet. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if this is required by law or in so far as third parties process this data on behalf of Google. The IP address your browser supplies to Google Analytics is never combined with any other data held by Google.
You can prevent the installation of cookies using the relevant setting in your browser software. However, please be informed that you may not be able to fully use all functions of this website. By using this website, you agree to the data collected about you being processed by Google in the aforementioned manner and for the aforementioned purpose.
At any time, you can prevent the collection and use of your IP address by Google Analytics with effect for the future. More detailed information on this is available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en . Please be informed that on this website Google Analytics was expanded by the code "gat._anonymizeIp();" to ensure the anonymized recording of IP addresses.
6. Length of Time for which Your Data is Stored
We only store your data for as long as is necessary for the respective purpose, namely either as described in the data privacy statement or as required by law. After your data has fulfilled its purpose, it is deleted in accordance with the applicable provisions of data protection law.
7. Measures to Ensure Security of Your Data
We implement technical and organizational measures to protect your data managed by us against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction, or against access by unauthorized persons. Our security measures are constantly improved as technology develops.
Contact Details of the Controller of Data Processing and the Data Protection Officer:
esco – european salt company GmbH & Co. KG
Data protection officer: Mr. Peter Kemper
phone +49 511 85030-163, e-mail: data_privacy(at)esco-salt.com
Address: Landschaftstr. 1, 30159 Hannover, Germany
Your Rights Regarding the Processing of Your Data
The applicable data protection legislation grants you extensive rights of information and intervention regarding the processing of your personal data through us. These are:
- Right to access: You have a right to access information about your personal data as processed by us.
- Right to rectification: You have a right to correction without undue delay of inaccurate data concerning you and/or completion of your incomplete data stored by us.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to demand your personal data to be deleted if the prerequisites of Article 17(1) GDPR are fulfilled.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to demand the restriction of processing of your personal data if the prerequisites of Article 18(1) GDPR are fulfilled.
- Right to notification: If you have asserted the right to rectification, erasure or restriction of processing vis-à-vis us, we are obliged to inform all recipients to whom the relevant personal data was disclosed of this rectification, erasure or restriction of processing unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You have the right to be notified about these recipients.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal data which you provided to us in a structured, standard and machine-readable format, or demand it to be transmitted to another controller insofar as this is technically feasible.
- Right to withdrawal of consent granted: At any time you have the right to withdraw your consent once granted to the processing of data with effect for the future. If such consent is withdrawn, the data concerned is deleted without undue delay. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent before the withdrawal.
- Right to complain: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, for example with the Data Protection Officer of the Federal State of Lower Saxony, regarding our processing of your data.
- Right to object: If, as part of the weighing of interests, your personal data is processed on the basis of our overriding legitimate interest, you have the right at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to object to this processing with effect for the future.
Amendments to the Data Privacy Directive
We reserve the right to amend this data privacy statement at any time. We therefore recommend that you review the data privacy statement regularly.
Status: May 2018
8. Links to Other Internet Sites and Third-Party Contents
Our website includes links to other internet pages. We have no influence on the form and design of the pages linked to from our website and are not responsible for their content. We recommend that you read the data privacy policies of such third-party websites carefully.
9. Copyright, Trademarks, Brands and Logos
Our website, its contents and structure are subject to copyright and other laws protecting intellectual property. All texts, images, graphs, audio, video and animation files must not be copied, amended, or in other ways used without esco's prior written consent.
The brands, trademarks and logos used in this website are registered, patented or otherwise protected. It is prohibited to use these brands, trademarks and logos without esco's prior written consent.
10. Applicable Law
Any claims regarding this website or its use are subject to the laws of Federal Republic of Germany